Closing the Deal
- Never assume the deal is done until completion
- Remain actively involved in the transaction at all stages
- Numerous issues have to be considered and negotiated
- Maintaining control of the deal process is crucial
- We provide our clients with realistic time lines
The Churchfield policy of thorough disclosure minimizes the danger of negotiations getting bogged down or price erosion late in the process.
We work with your legal and financial advisers to reduce the pressure on you and see the deal through to a successful conclusion with the minimum of stress and disruption to your business.
How long it takes to sell a business depends on how quickly the vendor can collate all the necessary documents and how smoothly the negotiating process takes place once the potential buyers have been found.
A transaction is not normally completed in less than 6 months from receiving instructions and more usually would take 9 to 12 months. We keep our clients informed throughout the process and project manage the sale to minimize the time to completion.